Microsoft Access 2007 Training Resources
Intermediate Level Training Course Materials
- New features in Access 2007
- Database Templates
- Local templates
- Downloading templates
- Enhanced Datasheet View
- New Layout View
- Improved Interface
ACCESS 2007 – TABLE DESIGN
- Modifying Fields
- Lookup Fields
- Validation Rules
- Input Masks
- Default Values
- Mandatory Fields
ACCESS 2007 – RELATIONSHIPS
- Basics of Relationships
- What are relationships?
- Understanding the basis for creating relationships
- Types of joins in a relationship
- Creating and modifying one-to-one, or one-to-many relationships
- Applying inner, outer, and self joins
- Applying and using referential integrity
- Applying automatic deletion of related records
ACCESS 2007 – QUERY TYPES
- Creating and using a query to update data in a table
- Creating and using a query to delete data in a table
- Creating and using a query to save the selected information as a table
- Appending records to a table using query
ACCESS 2007 – QUERY FORMULAS
- Grouping information in a query
- Using functions in a query
- Using Aggregate Functions
- COUNT function
- SUM function
- AVG function
- MIN function
- MAX function
- Using a crosstab query
ACCESS 2007 – FORMS
- What are bound and unbound controls?
- Creating bound and unbound controls.
- Creating and editing a combo box, list box, check box and option groups.
- Creating arithmetic and logical expression controls on a form.
- Setting sequential order of controls on a form.
- Inserting data fields to appear within form header or footers
- What are sub forms?
- Creating a sub form and linking to parent.
- Modifying the sub form to change records.
ACCESS 2007 – REPORTS
- Creating arithmetic and logical calculation controls within a report.
- Calculating percentage calculation control within a report.
- Using formulas and expressions within a report.
- Creating running summaries within a report.
- Inserting a data field to appear within report header or footers
- Forcing page breaks for groups on reports.
ACCESS 2007 – MACROS
- Recording & assigning macros
- Running macros.
- Assigning macros to a form, report or control.
ACCESS 2007 – IMPORTING, EXPORTING AND LINKING DATA
- Importing files into a database.
- Exporting data as different formats.
- Linking external data to a database.